Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Opinion about the Tangram Presentation
I think that the presentations went very well for many reasons. First of all, I think that the 1st graders understood the concept of the tangram. They learned that it is a puzzle that forms a square, and it contains severall shapes within it: triangles, square and parallelogram (they could identify the parallelogram and name it). They also learned that with the shapes that made up the tangram, it is possible to build many different shapes, including a house, a cat, and a running man. I think that by presenting to them the concept of the tangram through a story was a good idea because I think that way understood it better and paid more atention, in the beginning, we needed give them many hints, and the outline, so they could build the different shapes, but after the first and second shape, they were able to build the shapes on there ow and without an outline. I could see that they had lots of fun because they were very excited during the activities and were always focused, and therefore i think it was a good experience for them -and for us because we learned how to handle and interact with small kids - and a good way for them to learn, even a more complex concept like a tangram, without being bored and loosing focus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.