I think out tangram presentation to the 1st graders went out pretty well. The first group that presented the history did a very good job by interacting with the kids and involving them into makiing the tangram. Most of the kids knew all the geometric shapes but the identified the parallelogram as a diamons. I think the first group also did a good job by using simple vocabulary so the kids could understand and keep paying attention. My group was the fairy tale group and I think we did a good job. the kids were entertained and payed attention. They all answer the questions we asked especially that little girl that kept saying the dinousaur was behind the board. i think our group accomplished our goal by getting the kids attention and explaining a little bit more of tangrams and the shapes you can make with them, like Max´s house that we explained how they used all the pieces of the tangram to build it. The third group who did the games with the kids accomplished their goal by making a fun activity that included tangrams. All the kids were excited and wanted to do the shapes they got, some of them were pretty fast while others needed a little bit of help. In the last minutes it was a little unorganized mainly because all the kids wanted to participate and we had very little time but i think it was fun, especially the jumping over/fire/more jumping each others fairy tale they created. I think it was a very nice experience because we needed to adapt our original presentations to something that would be fun for the first graders and tried to keep them focused on something for a while. Overall I think we all did a very nice job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.