Thursday, December 11, 2008

1st Graders- Pam

I think that presenting our tangram project to the first graders was a great idea. At first I pictured a bunch of kids staring at us and not really getting anything out of it, but I was acctually quite surprised by how much they knew and how well they learnt. I think part 1 (history) was very well explined and I loved that they went up there and acctually put the shapes... i was amazed at the blond boy (who was sitting in the left) he knew all the shapes and was rather amazing. afterwards during part 2 (the story) the kids were interested and acctually really enjoyed Max's story... Part three was my group, the games... I think we did a good job over all, it was nice that each kid got a tangram and they were so exited about it, some girls even asked us if they could have our answer sheets to try it out at home, and i believe the tangram tic-tac-toe was fun and it was a shame we didnt have time to finish. i also loved the tangram story the kids created and although there was a lot of stuff jumping on top of a lot of stuff it was really fun. Next time maybe we could organize better the time tables and not give the kids possibly deadly candy :P.... Overall it was a great expirience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive